WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Dental implants are metal posts or frames that are surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath your gums. Once in place, they allow your dentist to mount replacement teeth onto them.
HOW DO DENTAL IMPLANTS WORK?
Because implants fuse to your jawbone, they provide stable support for artificial teeth. Dentures and bridges mounted to implants won't slip or shift in your mouth an especially important benefit when eating and speaking. This secure fit helps the dentures and bridges as well as individual crowns placed over implants feel more natural than conventional bridges or dentures.
For some people, ordinary bridges and dentures are simply not comfortable or even possible, due to sore spots, poor ridges or gagging. In addition, ordinary bridges must be attached to teeth on either side of the space left by the missing tooth. An advantage of implants is that no adjacent teeth need to be prepared or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth/teeth in place.
To receive implants, you need to have healthy gums and adequate bone to support the implant. You must also commit to keeping these structures healthy. Meticulous oral hygiene and regular dental visits are critical to the long-term success of dental implants.
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS?
The ideal candidate for a dental implant is in good general and oral health. Adequate bone in your jaw is needed to support the implant, and the best candidates have healthy gum tissues that are free of periodontal disease. The dimensions of the surrounding bone i.e. bone density, height and width are measured exactly by an x-ray which is called as CBCT.
Dental implants are intimately connected with the gum tissues and underlying bone in the mouth. With the aid of implants we can:
- Replace a single tooth:
If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it.
- Replace several teeth:
If you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them.
- Replace all of the teeth:
If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them.
ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS OVER OTHER TOOTH REPLACEMENTS:
- Preserves the ridge size and shape.
- Psychological and social well being is achieved.
- Gives a natural feel like a natural tooth emerging from the mouth.
- Chewing comfort is quite better than other tooth replacements.
- Best asthetic appearance.
WHY CHOOSE ONLY US?
- Here at happy dental clinic, all steps for implant placement are followed perfectly to achieve a highest success rate.
- Moreover the success rate achieved is also very high.
WHAT AFFECTS THE LONGEVITY OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
- The longevity of dental implants is correlated directly with the oral health and hygiene maintained by the patients. better the oral hygiene, long will be the life of implants.
- Very important is the patients should regularly follow twice a day brushing routine.
- After implant placement, mouth rinsing should be followed so that the food debris may not get accumulated around the implant which ensures the longevity of implants in mouth.
- Patients should undergo scaling(i.e. cleaning) of teeth every 6 months.
- Also regular examination of implant and surrounding areas is very important through routine dental check-ups.