WHAT ARE GUM DISEASES OR BLEEDING GUMS?
It is very important to pay attention to the health of gums as they are the surrounding and supporting structures of teeth. Longevity of teeth in mouth depends on the health of gums.more healthy the gums are more the teeth will stay for a long period of time in mouth.
Improper or inadequate tooth brushing causes deposit of plaque on tooth surface which causes majority of gums diseases. Plaque gets calcified in mouth and forms calculus. Plaque and calculus cause gingivitis( i.e. bleeding gums) which is the first sign of disease of gums. If not cured in initial stages, it gets advanced to the later stages which makes teeth mobile. So treatment is necessary in initial stages for better outcomes.
Bleeding gums can also be caused by improper brushing technique. Too hard or vigorous brushing or brushing with a hard bristled toothbrush can also induce gingival bleeding. So proper brushing technique must be followed for proper plaque removal.
SPECIALIZED TREATMENT FOR DISEASED AND BLEEDING GUMS AT HAPPY MULTISPECIALITY DENTAL CLINIC:
SCALING(I.E. CLEANING) AND POLISHING OF TEETH is the treatment of choice for diseased and bleeding gums. It is the procedure which involves removal of causative agents of bleeding gums i.e. plaque and calculus. Polishing of teeth involves making the roughened tooth surfaces smooth which causes reduction in level of plaque reattachment.
Other treatments for diseased and bleeding gums include:
- Curettage : It is a treatment which includes removal of ulcerated and infected pocket lining which helps in gaining lost attachment. It is done with the instrument called as curette.
- Gingivectomy: It is a surgical procedure done to correct or treat enlarged or oversized gums. Enlarged gums pose an aesthetic as weel as functional difficulties. So the correction of enlarged gums is very important.
- Crown Lengthening: It is a minor surgical procedure done to increase crown height. Adequate crown height is very essential for restorative procedure to get maximum retention.
- Flap surgery: It is a surgical procedure which involves opening up of gums, cleaning them, making them free of debris, plaque and calculus from crown and root surfaces, and suturing the gums back. This ensures increase in clinical attachment level and cures gum disease( pyorrhea) .
- Bone grafting: It is a regenerative surgical procedure done in adjunct with flap surgery. It involves placement of bone grafts in bony defects which causes bone growth in those areas, thereby increasing bony support.
WHY ONLY US?
Here AT HAPPY DENTAL CLINIC AND IMPLANT CENTER, INFOCITY GANDHINAGAR, we provide all these types of treatment for diseased and bleeding gums with all latest equipments and techniques.
We believe in: LONGEVITY OF TEETH IN MOUTH DEPENDS ON HEALTH OF GUMS.